Strathkinness Village Hall
The Village Hall was originally the United Free Church. In 1929 it amalgamated with the Church of Scotland and the joint congregation worshipped in the present Church. In 1938 the premises were bought for the Village for the sum of £75 and a committee of 12 Trustees was formed to administer the running of the new "Strathkinness Village Hall" on behalf of all within the parish boundaries. The Trustee system has continued and the present 10 Trustees run and maintain the Hall with money raised from rentals, grants, donations, and fund raising activities such as dances, safari suppers and whist drives.
The Hall is used on a regular basis for the following activities -
There have been many major refurbishments of the floor, walls, windows, and the installation of toilets with disabled access. The National Lottery has provided funds to both enlarge and fully upgrade the kitchen and to add a self contained Bar. The Autumn of 2014 saw the replacement of the ceiling.
The Hall has a maximum capacity of 120 and is available for weddings; dances; ceilidhs; birthdays; anniversary and other celebrations; social evenings; children's parties; christenings; concerts; quiz nights; coffee mornings/afternoons; fairs; sales of work; classes; meetings; etc.
Please note that due to the new licensing laws a minimum of six weeks notice is required for any function wanting a Bar.
All enquiries concerning the hire of the Hall should be made to the booking clerk:-