STRATHKINNESS COMMUNITY COUNCIL


Minutes of Meeting held on Wed. 8th May 2019 at 7.30pm in Church Hall.

Present: Mrs. Lynn Walker [Chair], Sally Crumplin, Liz Meyer, Pauline Blake-Johnston, Jane Houston. Messrs. Andrew Oxley, Mike Mclaren, Robin Baxter, KenTopping. Fife Councillors Jane Ann Liston, Brian Thomson.

Apologies: Fife Cllr. Ann Verner. Mr. Iain Duncan.

Minutes of previous meeting: Approved by K. Topping, seconded by J. Houston.


Matters Arising: All matters were covered under Standing Items.


Treasurers Report: The Treasurer reported that she is in the process of setting up a new bank account for the Council.


Standing Items:


Planning: Mr. Brian Taylor, from the floor, noted that following the previous meeting one comment had been submitted concerning the application for the erection of a house in The Poffle. The Council noted that as 12 objections had been lodged the application will go before the Planning Committee.

Councillor Thomson confirmed that the Community Council can object to any planning application provided this is on planning grounds. The Fife Plan sets out the general policies which can be referred to for guidance. If the Community Council objects to any application this will automatically go before the Planning Committee.  

Planning applications in respect of the erection of a new dwelling at Nether Strathkinness Farmhouse and an extension to Fossil Cottage, 12 Main Street were noted.


Traffic and Transportation:

Speedwatch: Mr Topping advised Councillors that the local Speedwatch group had been deployed again during the previous week and had noted 8 incidents of vehicles speeding through the village in excess of 26mph. Details of the vehicles concerned had been passed to the local police co-ordinator for further action. One additional volunteer has now received training and two more have submitted applications.


Double Yellow Lines at Main Street/Sunnyside junction: Further objections have been lodged and this matter is to revert back to the Committee for further consideration.


Mr Topping raised his concerns at the speed and size of HGVs entering the 20mph zone at the top of Main Street. General concerns were noted about HGVs following sat-nav directions onto the High Road despite this being signposted as unsuitable for such vehicles.


Policing: The Community Officer had submitted her apologies for this meeting and is looking to attend a future meeting. The report for April identified 7 calls relating to the Strathkinness area of which 4 related to road traffic matters and the remainder were miscellaneous. Mr Brian Taylor informed the meeting that he had recently found some difficulty in reporting his concerns to the police about 3 men in a white van making cold calls to carry out work on driveways etc.


New Playpark project: Mr Oxley reported that there had been a good response from the community to the initial plans for the playpark. Various amendments to the layout etc. have been proposed and these are being taken on board. Fife Council will provide 20% of the total costs.  £167k is required to cover the remaining 80% and a number of funding options are being investigated and applications made. Councillor Thomson agreed to find out who will be responsible for future maintenance of the area and equipment. Mr Oxley will continue to keep the Council informed on progress.

Flooding on Low Road: This had been discussed at a recent Kinnessburn meeting but there was no further update.


Kincaple Broadband: Councillor Liston had provided an update which indicated the intention to improve the service but at present there is no clear timescale for this.


Out of Hours Urgent Care Service: The next meeting of the Integration Joint Board (IJB) is on 28th May 2019.


Bus Timetable at Main Street Village Green: Mrs Meyer advised that the timetable at the bus stop has still not been updated. Councillor Liston said she would pursue this and report back.


Next meeting:  12th June 2019.